Motorsport

Mercedes postpone Grosjean F1 test

Mercedes have postponed a Formula One test with French driver Romain Grosjean due to travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, the seven-time world champions said on Wednesday.

“We’re committed to giving Romain his chance in a Mercedes F1 car and we’re working to reschedule the test later this summer,” Mercedes said in a statement.

Grosjean describes 28-second escape from burning wreckage

The Frenchman’s drive, in Lewis Hamilton’s 2019 title-winning car, had been scheduled for France’s Le Castellet circuit on June 29 — seven months on from his escape from a fiery crash in Bahrain, which turned out to be his last race in F1.

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff had made the offer of a test as Grosjean, who now races in the U.S.-based Indycar series, lay in hospital with burns to his hands.

Grosjean’s Haas car split in half and erupted in a fireball after penetrating a metal barrier on the opening lap at Sakhir, with the Frenchman managing miraculously to extricate himself and leap clear.


Source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button